The Body of Christ.


This past sunday I preached on the purpose of the church. On Tuesday I had a chance to talk to Junior 1 Campers (3-5th graders) about the Body of Christ and using their talents for it.

The outline of my message went like the following:


Why the Body? That the Church is the Body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12.

How we can be the body? Example of camper and showing off their muscles.

Using their talents and gifts for God.

what should we be doing? Working together. God needs more Christians in every field. Asked campers what wanted to be ..answers varied from wrestler, soccer player, dancer, police office, dinosaur bone examiner etc.

Cited how Cain was jealous of his brother. We need to treat others well and see them as God sees them ...loved and His. (On a side note I did tell the kids how special they are how God sees them as his children and princesses and warriors for Him)

We recited that God can use me. And He can. They (The campers) are not only the church of tomorrow but also the church today. Let's be His Body.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.